Friday, February 17, 2006

Project #4 Adult Ski Hat

Yippee! I created another master piece!

Ok... well maybe it isn't quite a master piece but I'd have to say that it turned out much nicer than I had anticipated. Not so much the quality of my looming on my yellow Knifty Knitter loom but the colors.
~ ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Although you can't see the true colors due to monitor variances... the brim or band is a very pale ice aqua color. It almost looks white on my computer. I found that it wasn't thick enough even using two strings so I decided I'd use a strand of the grey angora rabbit/alpaca yarn which would compliment one another (the colors that is)... as soon as I finished the band. Hoping it would start thickening up as I knit the remainder of the hat.
However as I knit (loomed) ... I really hated the contrasting colors. I started to pull it out then realized I didn't have any other thicker yarn to replace the color. So onward I loomed!
Are you ready for this?! ~*~ Of course you are! :o)
Upon completion... I actually do like the color combination. All turned out well!
So...to sum it up...
fiber contents: The aqua ice yarn is baby soft alpaca. The dk grey strand is 70% juvenile alpaca/30% angora rabbit.
Is the hat baby soft?! You betcha!!

~* This looming is getting to be fun! I have no clue what I'm doing but it's fun anyways!! *~

Oh.....I want to make sure to invite you to our web boutique to check out our yarns & such!

No comments: