Sunday, May 07, 2006

Garter Stitch Tote with handles


Tonight I finished adding final touches to my class project....Tote bag with handles. Feeling creative, I decided to add some unique-ness to my tote.
I made a flower with stem & leaves.
As you can see, I had no green yarn so I made do with what I have.

This bag was done with Peaches & Cream Cotton Yarn (string) - Knit on the yellow Knifty Knitter loom using the garter stitch (which is not my favorite).

The stitch pattern looks like a basic (generic) needle knit stitch however it takes more work to do, having to alternate rows between purl & knit stitches.

This bag would be handy & practical if a liner was added to it to prevent things from falling thru the stitch holes.... and to prevent contents within the bag from getting snagged in the stitches.

3 comments:

GRAMMIECOOPIE said...

NO CRITIQUE---JUST AWE...THAT IS LOVELY...YOU GAVE IT PERSONALITY PLUS...THANK YOU...LOVE GRAMMIE

Betty said...

Hi Pam,

Your tote turned out lovely!!! Great job.

FYI...I had a tough time reading you blog. The purple letters on the pink are hard to decipher. :>(

Thanks for sharing,

Smiles,
Betty

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from KniftyKnitterLooms. I'm new with the looms but this purse is just adorable and I love your embellishment. Congrats.

Jodi