Saturday, May 27, 2006

Waiting for our alpacas to dry ...

It's Saturday May 27th, 2006. We've been trying to shear our alpacas for several weeks now however mother nature seems to rain on shearing party every weekend. We can't shear them wet so... here we wait. Actually the sun came out this afternoon & is starting to dry them up however I have to go to work in just a short while.
Impatient with the weather... I found myself surfing loom knitting websites again. After several months of deciding no... I finally caved in and purchased some more looms!
I went to Decor Accents http://decoraccentsinc.com and purchased 3 looms: a 60" Infinity Rake- Small gauge, a Adult Hat loom Small gauge, and a Child Hat loom - Small gauge. With s&h it come to $124.13 !! Now I have to convince myself that I CAN use the afinity loom. I just love the waffle weave afghan by Cindy Abernethy and may just attempt it :o)

The hat looms won't be a problem. I use my knifty knitters regularly however I wanted a smaller gauge so I don't need to use double strands all the time.

I haven't had the time to do much looming lately which is why I haven't posted anything. Hopefully after shearing & alpaca sales, writing contracts & such... I will be able to return to the loom! Until next time... Adios!

No comments: