Monday, June 05, 2006

Toaster Cover

We're still waiting for our alpacas to dry out so we can shear them. Here it is June 5th aleady! At least the rain is keeping them cooled down.
In the mean time I decided to attempt making a toaster cover for our new toaster!
No pattern, just created as I loomed. I used "Bernat Handicrafter Cotton" Yarn- Rosewood color. I did the toaster cover in sections.

The top panel first.

Then 2 sides. Because my new toaster has fat rounded top edges unlike my skinny square top old one... I had to decrease stitches to get it to fit my toaster.


After top & side panels were made, I decided to add I-Cord trim to the seams. I then stitched all together at once: Top, I-Cord & side panel.
I am excited to say that it turned out not tooo bad!
** My only fear is that it will shrink when washed as it just fits now. I even made it 2" larger on loom that I needed.
*** My lessons learned:
1) With a little imagination & old fashioned determination.... you can make anything without a pattern!
2) Make items substantially larger that you'd like end product to be as once it is taken off loom, it is ALOT smaller... and may shrink even smaller when washed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowza! That's not only creative, it's pretty wild!!! I love it! Keep the cool creations coming!

Kathy

De Lady Bex said...

Hi excellent pictures as usual with this group. Now I cna see why my stitiches are so tight `1 ugh ] thanks a lot for the inof anf hugs for your time and help

De Lady Bex said...

Hi excellent pictures as usual with this group. Now I cna see why my stitiches are so tight `1 ugh ] thanks a lot for the inof anf hugs for your time and help