Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Surino Mitten #1

Improving on my mitten makin'... I used same pattern I used for first mittens however this time I am using Suri Alpaca blended with Fine Merino ...I call it "Surino" :o)
It seems to knit up smaller & tighter than the brushed alpaca I used for first set. I was going to felt this next pair however I don't know that I dare as they fit perfectly... well at least this first mitten done in Surino. I did a little better attaching the thumb this time as I altered my pattern a bit. Actually, I did a different stitch for the cuff this time which made it look like it is folded over however it isn't. At this rate...I may be able to make mittens for everyone!!

2 comments:

Looming Looney said...

I love the mittens. how long did it take to make them?

Anonymous said...

I saw your mittens and purchased a loom from In The Attic also. I would love to have better directions for this. What stitch did you use? I used the e stitch and found they aren't as good looking as yours. Also I didn't like the thumb loom, so I just used four pegs and did an extra 20 rows, then continued with my full circle to finish the fingers part of the mitten. After I was done on the loom I sewed the sides of the thumbs shut. I was easier, but yours looks nicer.
~Janene, Upstate NY