Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ice Cream Anyone?!


I altered Jenny Stark's Cream Cone Pattern to make a baby rattle out of the ice cream cone to match the Ice Cream Sundae hat I made using Robin McCoy's Strawberry Sundae Delight Hat pattern.

What I did was loom knit the whip cream ruffles, then the actual ice cream. From there I took an Easter Egg (plastic), and enclosed a few jingle bells. The egg got pushed into the ice cream piece then kind of held in place by intertwining the long tails from the whip cream.

I proceeded on to make the cone to attach to the ice cream after stuffing it with alpaca fleece rovings as I had no fiber fill. Waaah-lah!! An ice cream rattle.

2 comments:

jpirkle said...

Very cute idea. I have a baby shower gift and I will have to make this one. I'll use a small easter egg. Your hat turned out nice too.
Jeannette

Pam's World said...

Thanks Jeannette!! I think if I made another set of them they'd turn out even better now that I know what I am doing :o)
The classes both came at a good time as they coordinate well as baby gifts.