Saturday, May 16, 2009

Life in General....

I'm in one of those moods today.... wondering what my purpose in life is or if I even have one.  It's as if I live to work... to barely make ends meet... struggle from pay check to pay check.  You know... live to work & work to live. 
I can't help but worry about all those people without jobs and those in poverish nations. How will they ever survive this crashing economy?! I have a good job and it is a struggle.  Who will help those in need? Most of us have nothing left to give. I actually have to fight back the tears of empathy and fear. Depression seems to fill my inner being as I am in no position to help anyone in need as I can barely keep my own head above water. What worries me most is... nobody seems to be worried about those less fortunate. The government seems to be taking care of only the big financial guru's, not us lower to middle class working people. They are making more loans available to us but more debt is the last thing any of us need. WE need the bailouts... not AIG, Wallstreet or the auto industry. The environment would be much better off with less vehicles polluting it. 

Sorry for my negativity today. I am usually upbeat & bubbly but this economy really has me down. It hurts me to see friends and loved ones bottom out and I am unable to help them. It is my nurturing nature to want to help people in need. Perhaps too, I emotionally need to repay society for all the love and prayers sent to me and my family during our very trying time, during my daughter Jennifer's illness and untimely death.  I don't really know what it is that makes me feel compassion towards others and the less fortunate, poverish people who are forgotten or ignored. I just know how stressful it feels when I don't have enough money to make a bill payment on time.... or how embarrassed it feels to have to roll change to put gas in my vehicle.... it is extremely depressing to the point of withdrawal. I can see why the suicide rate has spiked so high. It is as if there is no light at the end of the tunnel. 

The bright side of this all is.... THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!  We just haven't gotten close enough to see it!!  Things will get very dark for awhile but eventually we WILL be guided back in to the light.   The Great Depression started in October of 1929 with the crash of the stock markets. Soon to follow was the economic downfall which started in the USA then soon rippled throughout the world. The great depression lasted from 1929 through the last 1930's and even in to 1940 in some parts of the world. Gas and food were rationed. Industries came to a screaching halt.  It was a devastating time. 

Are we headed for this again?!  Are we prepared if it does? Can Americans even survive such a crisis after having relied on such high tech modern luxuries as cell phones, high speed internet, blue tooth technology, Satellite systems, hybrid cars and so many others? That would be like asking a NY City resident to survive on the land in the middle of nowhere without access to civilization. Hmmmm.  Food for thought. 

No comments: