Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disaster Training in Spare Time

Well I have not just been home collecting dust from sitting around. Besides working towards my associate degree in nursing, I have been training through FEMA/ Homeland Security, The CNY Medical Reserve Corp & with the Red Cross when ever courses are available. Time has allowed me to volunteer to help with Rabies Clinics and such. A lot of juggling between orgs and educational resources. It feels good to prepare for disasters and community health. It makes me feel ..... relieved or something. It's kind of like leaving home in the morning KNOWING the toaster & iron are unplugged and your curling iron is off. On those mornings when you get to your destination wondering all the way, if you turned off your curling iron and pray it isn't touching anything flamable. That is a horrible uneasy feeling. My training makes me feel like I know everything is unplugged and my home is safe when I am gone. Make any sense?




No comments: